All about us

James Summers & Son was established in 1878 in Broadway by James Summers after he left his home in Bridgewater and moved to Cardiff.

John Summers took over the business from his father and expanded the Funeral Directors after the Second World War. In 1952, the eldest son of John, Morlais, purchased Roath Court, an 18th century mansion, and transformed it into a prestigious funeral home.

With his brother Cuthbert, Morlais continued to provide a bespoke service to the community and in 1949, Paul Summers, great grandson of James, joined in the family funeral services.

With the addition of Lavernock Court Funeral Home in 1978, the high standards set by the Summers family continues to this present day.

James Summers Lavernock Court Funeral Home has a large service chapel and off road parking. We operate a fleet of pristine Jaguar hearses and limousines.